Read: Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16 Prayer Focus: - When have you shared with others the laughter of disbelief? - What doubts do you bring to your reading of the Gospels?
Read: Romans 4:13-25 Prayer Focus: - When have you doubted God's promise in your life or for the world? - Where have you seen evidence that God can do what God has promised?
Read: Mark 8:31-38 Prayer Focus: - How have "the tentacles of narcissim" penetrated your life? - What will it mean for you to surrender your self-centeredness to the infinite love of God?
Read: Mark 9:2-9; 2 Peter 1:16-19 Prayer Focus: - When have you glimpsed God's glory? - How have transfiguring experiences sustained you as you live out ordinary days?
Read: Psalm 22 Prayer Focus: - When have you felt forsaken by God? - What difference will it make for you to believe that God was present with us at the cross?
Read: Psalm 29, Mark 1:9-11
- When have you experienced God's Spirit shaking the wilderness?
- What constitutes the wilderness in your life?
Read: Mark 1:12-13; Hebrews 4:14-16
- What "wild beasts" do you face in your life?
- Will you claim the promise that Jesus faces them with you?
Read: 1 Peter 3:18-22
- What difference does it make for you to know that the risen Christ "descended into hell"?
- When have you known the presence of the One who left His Father's throne, emptied himself
of all but love, and entered into your life?
Read: Genesis 9:8-17; Romans 8:18-25
- How does God's covenant with Noah speak to you?
- How will you become one for whom creation waits?
Read: Psalm 118
- Where are the "tight" places in your life?
- How is God's grace opening you to the "spacious skies" of God's infinite love?